October 03, 2007

What makes me happy...

I have been extremely stressed this semester (and more specifically this week), so I believe it will be beneficial for me to list a few things that make me happy and events that I am looking forward to in order to put a positive spin on the stress.

  • This week is almost over (it is hump day after all) which means that I will be done with half of my tests and projects before Fall break
  • My best friend from home is coming to visit. She is the one person that I truly believes understands me and I cannot wait to have fun with her and show her around Clemson.
  • My brother just informed me that he is coming to Clemson to visit two times this fall! I have not been close with my brother previously, but we are becoming closer and that makes me happy. Also, we're traveling to New York City together this Thanksgiving because our youngest brother is in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I am extremely excited about that trip!
  • I am going climbing on Friday, so I will finally get to work out and feel better about myself. Working out - getting those endorphins and my competitive edge pumping- makes me feel more confident in myself.
  • I love fall. The air is crisp and the leaves start to change colors. I can sit outside and watch the gorgeous sunsets, smell the burning leaves, enjoy the morning mist, walking barefoot, fall sports (soccer, Frisbee, and football) and find an inner peace while doing work outside.
  • Laughing is my favorite and I have made some wonderful friends this semester that bring out the best in me.
  • I enjoy traveling. Even though I am not traveling at the moment, I am planning a study abroad trip to France for next fall and have been reminiscing on the wonderful adventures I had on my last trip to Europe while making my PowerPoint presentation for English 304.
  • Singing makes me happy. I love singing at the top of my lungs in the car, in the shower, and pretty much anywhere else. I especially enjoy singing in the morning because it brings a positive outlook to my day.
  • I love the morning. I am a morning person and the best aspects of the morning are: waking up to the sunshine and birds chirping, the smell of coffee, the warm shower, and the start of a new day.
  • I enjoy getting lost in good books and reflecting on life. I have a quote book that I started in 7th grade and keep adding to; there are quotes about life, love, perseverance, poems, and truths. Some of my favorite truths are that you are stronger than you know, there is some good in everyone, the simple things in life are the most valuable, and you choose how experiences shape you (you always have a choice).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As someone who's had LOTS of stressful weeks in her life, let me congratulate you on doing just what you need to do to survive it without burning out. Counting your blessings is one of the best things you can do to overcome stress.