October 24, 2007

Cats or Dogs

I know that many people like dogs or cats. There are many differing opinions on this subject. I have been trying to decide which pet I prefer, which pet compliments my personality the best. Here is my comparison:

Dogs are:

  • Loyal
  • Playful
  • Protective
  • Dependent
  • Loud (barking)
  • Large (cost money)
  • Must be cleaned frequently
  • Require lots of attention
  • Love you because you feed them
  • Trainable (do it yourself or pay someone)

Cats are:
  • Cuddly
  • Small (cost less money)
  • Playful
  • Lazy
  • Independent (can be inside or outside pets and can take care of themselves)
  • Require attention sometimes
  • Must work for their affection
  • Trainable (spray them, love them)

I believe that I am more of a cat person based on my comparisons. I feel that cats are more in tune with my personality. Their personalities are more obvious than dog's personalities. If cats are mad at you, then you know it. Dogs will love you no matter what. I feel like more is to be said if you have the loyalty of a cat, because it is harder to attain their affection.

However, I also love playing with dogs. So I have decided that when I have settled into a good job after college, I am going to buy a puppy and a kitten so that they can grow up together. I think that both will contribute to my happiness.

No comments: