September 13, 2007

In Ten Years...

Ten years is a long way away for me. So many things will change during that amount of time that it is hard to say with certainty where I will be and what I will be doing.

Concerning myself, I would like to be content and happy in life. I hope that I will still be singing and participating in some sort of outdoor sport, whether that be hiking, coaching a soccer team, biking, tennis, etc. Being the outgoing person that I am, I will be surrounded by my friends and family; I plan to see them as frequently as possible. Hopefully in ten years I will be married and be starting a family of my own as well. I would like to be involved in my children's lives, but I would also like to have a life of my own because I do have ambitions.

As far as jobs go, after 10 years I will have worked in an HR department and hopefully received a few promotions, saved some money, and traveled the world; I have an extensive list of places that I would love to visit! Then my personal life will take priority for a few years, as I plan to have two children. However, when they start school, I would like to get a job in Student Affairs at the college or university that is in my town. I am interested in Student Affairs and think that it would be a great career decision for me due to the fact that I will have had ample experience with policies, procedures, and people. More specifically I would like to be involved with a special scholarship program or study abroad program to incorporate some sort of educational enrichment into my life and possibly provide more opportunities for travel.

This is my projected future and I am avidly working toward a lifestyle that is as close to this as possible because I believe that it will make me happy and bring a sense of purpose to my life- a purpose that is elusive at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the plan of starting your Student Affairs position as the children enter school is really smart for several reasons. One of the bonuses of working at a university is that you have some flexibility with your schedule. If you need to go to a parent meeting, for example, it's pretty easy to arrange it. (Easier than in a lot of other offices, I think.) Plus, you'll be in education, just like them. It's funny how much you can talk about with them, even if you're working with "big" kids. =o)